The main products, that are developed within this project, are:
- Introduction module presents the training course overview with learning objectives;
- Module overview presentation and case studies provides VET cases studies and reflection quesions for each training module;
• Training package consisting of 6 training modules: Society & Culture, Impact, Self-esteem, Mental Health, Psycological Impacts of Appearance Dissatisfaction and Communication. The training package is developed for VET teachers, VET staff and HR staff to increase awareness of appearance issues including body image, and appearance-related teasing, bullying and discrimination and appearance concerns in young people;
- Handout provides short and concise information about the training course and learning objectives;
- Didactic guidelines showing VET providers/businesses and their staff how to use the training package materials;
- Evaluation form to measure staff's current knowledge and awareness of body image and appearance issues in student populations, as well as assessing their own beliefs and attitudes towards body image and appearance;
- Pilot test report presents the summary of the main results, challenges and experiences after testing of the training package materials in Norway, Denmark, Portugal and Austria.
- Further reading
Theoretical Report "The incidence & impacts of appearance dissatisfaction: What do we know?" (Apperance Matters project, project number 527463-‐LLP-‐1-‐2012-‐1-‐UK-‐LEONARDO-‐LMP) presents a summary of the current body image literature and the possible impact on the general population. This report is included into the teaching material in the Didactic Guidelines.
- You can download all the materials included in the training package as a zip file here
Newsletter 4Read about the latest news and updates
MIRROR MIRROR Multiplier ConferenceMIRROR, MIRROR – Multiplier conference in Randers, Denmark
Final partner meetingFinal partner meeting in Randers
MIRROR MIRROR in "The Guardian"Find out more about appearance bullying in the article “Appearance bullying – and the damage it does to children’s education”
MIRROR MIRROR Final conferenceYou can find the conference program here.
Press Release 3Read our Press Release 3
Announcement - Final conference eventThe Mirror project has developed Training Package with Didactic Guidelines
Follow us on FacebookMirror, Mirror is now on Facebook
MIRROR MIRROR Newsletter 3In Newsletter 3 you will find information about testing results, adaptation of the final products and final project conference
Press Release 2Read our Press Realease 2
Quality Assurance MeetingThe project partners held their 4th partner meeting from the 11th to 12th of March, 2015 in Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal.
Training on Pico Island – Azores – PortugalOn the 10th and 11th of March 2015, “Escola Profissional do Pico” (Pico’s Vocational School), located on the Azorean Island of Pico, was host for the Mirror Project Training Package
MIRROR MIRROR Newsletter 2In Newsletter 2 you will find summary outcomes of the pilot survey and information about training modules development.
MIRROR MIRROR WORKSHOPOn the 28th of September, Dr Martin Persson facilitated the first draft version of the Mirror Mirror workshop and training package developed by the UWE team at University of the West of England, Bristol, UK.
Press Release 1Read our first press release
2nd Transnational meetingAt the second encounter the MIRROR partners met in Vienna, May 13-14th 2014, to discuss the main outcomes of their research work.
MIRROR, MIRROR - show me some newsRead more about the project in our first newsletter. It will help you to find some consequences of a negative body image we see from research...
MIRROR, MIRROR - kicked offMirror, Mirror on the wall... Who does not know this key sentence from fairy tales.
This project (no. 2013-1-NO1-LEO05 -06154) has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.